WHY THE CPC?
Why the CPC Now?
The Community Pain Center™ (CPC) is born of the passion and perseverance of people just like you, who know what it’s like to live with pain every day. It is in response to the collective cry for help from over 100 million Americans suffering with chronic pain that we have created the CPC. Until now there has not been a unified effort to help the pain community by joining the forces of patients, caregivers, health care professionals, non-profit organizations, and medical industry experts.
A patient-centric, self-managed approach to treating pain is the solution to the old, broken way of delivering health care. Studies show that online self-management programs help patients reduce their symptoms and improve their quality of life. The CPC spent five years surveying the pain community and studying focus groups to discover what you want and need. In response, the CPC offers you personalized tools and resources to help you on your journey to greater vitality.
What Is to Come?
It has taken over five years to build the CPC into what it is now, and it will take time to evolve the CPC into the all-inclusive resource center we envision. So, we have prioritized our “Coming Soon” list as follows:
- Community Forum – Become an active member of the community and meet others who understand pain. Discuss your experiences, share solutions, ask questions, and make new friends. The Forum is Now Available for you to voice your thoughts and opinions!
- Evidence Checker – Want to know the evidence behind the treatments you’ve heard about? See what the research says on a range of therapies from traditional to complementary and alternative.
- Expansion of STAR – You will be able to track more types of symptoms such as fatigue, mood, appetite, etc. We will be adding a customizable treatment tracker to help you adhere to therapy schedules, analyze their benefits, and more.
- WISH – Questions and answers to help you improve your health and lifestyle, which will generate reports that you can share with your health care provider.
- CPC Library – Our stacks will be filled with popular magazines, medical journals and other recognized publications, as well as more CPC created material.
- Patient Assessment Tools – Daily activities and challenges designed to assist you in finding the right balance of treatments and lifestyle changes to help you feel your best.
- App Suite – Educational and interactive tools and resources you can take with you for nutrition, exercise, meditation, and much more.
- Patient Self-Management Program – Evaluate your progress, share your successes and setbacks, and empower yourself and others!
- My Medical Vault™ – Store, organize, review and share your electronic health records in your own HIPAA-compliant Vault.
- My Health Info – Be part of the CPC’s “living laboratory” and contribute to important research on new treatments for chronic pain by completing surveys, journal entries and more.
- Telemedicine & Telehealth Programs – 24-hour health care on demand through our alliances with industry experts.