The 10 Best Gifts for People with Chronic Pain
You’re stumped on ideas for the perfect gift to give the person in your life who lives with chronic pain. You want them to open your beautifully wrapped present and know that you put some thought and effort into finding the best gift they have ever received. You hope they will understand how special they are to you as they enjoy your meaningful gift.
The Community Pain Center has done the hard part for you with this list of ideas.
- Your special someone can relax and relieve tension while soothing achy muscles with Village Naturals bath soaks and oils, foaming body washes, and lotions. Eucalyptus, spearmint, and menthol work with Dead Sea salt and Epsom salt to unwind stress and quiet the body. Save with this coupon for Village Naturals’ fast-acting therapeutic products.
- People with chronic pain are often sensitive to the sun due to various conditions, such as lupus, or as a result of taking certain medications, like NSAIDS, and therefore need sun protection throughout the year. Topical sunscreens can be smelly and inconvenient to apply, so give the gift of fashionable sun-protective clothing from SPF Addict®. This clothing line for men and women “was conceived out of a simple desire to blend environmental consciousness with personal health and style.”
- An excellent book for your loved one who has fibromyalgia was written by the Fibro Lady, Leah E. McCullough, who has been symptom free for over 7 years and is on a mission to help others do the same. Freedom from Fibromyalgia: 7 Steps to Complete Recovery is available in eBook or paperback form, and is the product of Leah’s extensive research and personal experience recovering from her debilitating health conditions.
- Would you like to give the gift of safe and natural pain relief? Medical foods are FDA-regulated, amino-acid based products that replenish specific nutritional deficiencies common to a specific disease without the side effects of painkillers. Targeted Medical Pharma’s Theramine™ promotes the body’s production of the neurotransmitters that decrease pain and inflammation. Enter code thera30 at checkout to save 30% on your Theramine™ purchase.
- For quick homeopathic relief of migraines, give Zyclear™ Migraine Emergency by Magnesium Direct. People who suffer from migraines have lower levels of magnesium, so this clear and odorless topical magnesium spray that is rapidly absorbed through the skin is the perfect gift to relieve headaches.
- Does your loved one suffer from foot pain and inflammation, gout, peripheral neuropathy, or neuroma? Give them the Deluxe Topricin Foot Therapy Spa Set. Topricin® Foot Therapy Cream is a soothing treatment for foot swelling and soreness that is non-greasy and odorless. It works to improve circulation, attracting and stimulating the body’s natural healing mechanisms.
- For the reader who struggles to hold a book, the Audible recording of How to Live Well with Chronic Pain and Illness: A Mindful Guide by Toni Bernhard is the ideal gift. Using examples from her own experience, Bernhard gently guides listeners to use mindfulness, equanimity, and compassion to make peace with the challenges of chronic pain and illness. The best help is often given from one person who lives with chronic disease to another.
- If your gift recipient with irritable bowel symptoms is ready to jump start healing, give them the Healing Cleanse Kit from Ripples’ Health Shop. This 30-day detox cleanse is a great way to get rid of the bloat and fatigue from the holidays and start off fresh in the New Year. For more information, download the free eBook Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 30 Days without Exercising, Starving or Stressing.
- Side sleepers who must wear a CPAP mask can prevent leaks and sore spots with the CPAP Pillow with Moisture Guard Inner Liner made by Save My Face!®. This pillow cradles the forehead and chin so that the mask will stay in place. It’s also a great pillow for anyone because it protects against face wrinkles caused by regular pillows and it can be folded in half for neck support.
- Give the gift of hope with a subscription to The NEW! Fibromyalgia AWARE magazine, published in support of the National Fibromyalgia Association. With interactive features, internationally acclaimed doctors, new helpful resources, informative articles, and great fibro tips, cartoons, and products, you can’t go wrong with a gift subscription. Need a free gift idea? The first issue is free.