What Information Is Collected
When you visit a website, you disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. Our website, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to our website. Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer from a web server. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or to refuse to accept cookies.
In addition to the information related to your computer use (e.g., IP address, login times, pages viewed, etc.), we are able to store the information that you voluntarily share with us about yourself. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Contact information (e.g., when you sign up to find out more information about CHFI, use our refer-a-friend service, register for newsletters or emails, etc.)
- Demographic profile (e.g., when you register as a member of the community) you can store information about yourself and health history
- Symptom tracking data (if you choose to use this service)
- Your responses when you participate in online activities, surveys, chats, social media postings or attend educational programming
- Your suggestions for improving CHFI or suggestions to the pain community when you participate in a community forum
- Your transactions when you purchase products or services through the Website
- Your ratings associated with various treatment options that you have tried
- Any feedback you are willing to share regarding the Website or Services.
How We Use and Share Your Information
We use the information we collect on the public portion of our website for responding to inquiries, administering our business activities and for tailoring the services we offer. Occasionally we may use the information to notify you about changes to our Services, special offers, or for other marketing purposes. Our website and password protected web pages are not set up to track, collect, or distribute personal information that is not entered by visitors. However, as stated, certain limited automatic and cookie information is collected. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff for research and development, user and traffic analysis, and business decision making.
As part of our Services, we may use the information that we collect to do the following:
- Maintain your account
- Offer you customized information, products or services
- Send you personalized content information
- Analyze our user activity and interests
- Send you information from our Sponsors that may be tailored to your situation
- Communicate with you on administrative matters
- Provide more relevant advertisements
- Conduct research and development for CHFI (using aggregate de-identified information).
How We Protect Your Information
The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We use industry standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information.
Your access to some services and content is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend that you sign out of password protected services at the end of your session.
Who Has Access to the Information
We work with other businesses to perform business services for us. These businesses are provided with information about our users only to the extent required to perform their services, and are prohibited from using the information for other purposes. These services may include, but are not limited to, analyzing data, technical advice, providing marketing assistance, support for the Services, data vendors, processing credit card payments and providing customer service.
We may also disclose your information to third parties as reasonably required to protect or exercise our legal rights, to protect the rights and safety of any person (such as to legal representatives and law enforcement), as you expressly permit, and as required by law (such as the result of a court subpoena).
We may transfer your information in the event of the sale of substantially all of the assets of our business to a third-party or in the event of a merger, consolidation or acquisition. However, in such event, any acquirer will be subject to the provisions of our commitments to you or we will not disclose your information.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
No Liability for Acts of Third Parties
We will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of user information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, CHFI shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of confidential information due to no fault of CHFI including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of third parties.
CHFI does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information or non-personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. We will remove or delete any personal information we believe was submitted by any child under the age of 13. Please refer to our website Terms and Conditions.
Community Health Focus, Inc.
2062 Business Center Drive, Suite 115
Irvine, CA 92612